June 28th to July 29th
June 28th to July 30th
June 29th to July 30th
June 30th to July 31st
3rd of ESO to 1st year of University (19 years old)
3.995€ per person
- Round-trip flight tickets from Bilbao to final destination. Transportation to the Bilbao airport is the student’s responsibility.
- Accommodations in an American family.
- Trip and activities (these will differ depending on the towns where the students are located). They will do activities like: welcome barbecue, water activities, sports, a visit to the nearest city (Seattle), a farewell dinner etc.
- An orientation meeting upon arrival to advise the students about the new culture and the best ways to adapt to it.
- Monitors to accompany the students during the entire trip and stay.
- Supervision by American and Basque coordinators.
- Health, Accident and Liability Insurance.
- Summer In The USA T-shirt.
- May: a pre-departure orientation and information meeting.
- June: a beach event with American-style games at Ondarreta Beach that enables students to meet each other before travel.
- September: a thank-you meeting with the students, their families and some American friends.
We offer full board accommodation in an American family. We carefully select upstanding families that are known for their high values to ensure they treat your son/daughter as part of their own family.
The host families are NOT PAID. They are hosting because they are eager to share this intercultural experience with our student. In the United States the families are often Christians and it is normal for the students to accompany their families to church, or to various activities for young people which are organized by the churches.
During the camp week, the accommodations will be located in Leavenworth, Washington, where the camp offers private rooms, bathrooms and cafeteria.
This program is aimed at those students who want to spend an unforgettable month, living with an American family and going to a camp full of adventure activities. The families live in the naturally beautiful state of Washington.
In this total immersion program the students will benefit not only from their 3-week stay with an American family, but also from the unique experience of being in an adventure camp with American students of the same age.
At camp, the students will participate in some of the following outdoor activities: rafting, climbing, kayaking, rappelling, hiking, cliff jumping and more.
Adventure Camp destination:
Seattle is the biggest city in the state of Washington, in the Northwest part of the United States. It is known for its music and focus on coffee. In fact, Seattle is where the first Starbucks Coffee opened. This beautiful city also offers amazing natural beauty as well as an incredible skyline.
- Adventure camp students will be sent to Seattle.
- Only returning students can choose to return to the same host family and location.
The student will participate in activities not only with the family, but also with the monitor and the rest of the students of his/her home base group.
Family Activities: The families organize different activities to do with their student. They are very excited to host the students and will do their best to help the students have a great month.
Group Activities: The students will be divided into groups of 8-10 students, as well as a monitor, coordinator and other Americans who will help the students to continue practicing their English. These groups will be dispersed throughout the Seattle region.
- A tourism day in Seattle
- A shopping day
- Outdoor cinema
- American barbeque
- Professional sports events
- Visits to locally famous places
- Waterskiing or water sports
- A day at the lake or mountain
- Waterpark, zoo…
*Some activities will have an extra cost.
Friendly monitors will accompany the students throughout the entire trip. If a problem should arise during the flight, the monitors will act quickly to find the best solution.
The monitor will also be available throughout the month to assist the student with any concern or issue they may have.